Thursday, April 10, 2014

another Sprouts haul

hello again everyone!
so one thing i've come to realize since i've started this whole eating healthier journey is that it's not that tough! there are so many yummy and healthy foods out there so there's no need to think that you won't be getting that delicious flavor when you're cutting down on the bad stuff. just to make one thing clear though - i haven't eliminated everything unhealthy from what i've been eating. about once or twice a week I find myself either having a bowl of lucky charms or eating a cookie or having some shaved ice. and ya know what?! i am totally fine with that. i don't want to tell myself i can't eat something. all i'm trying to do through this process is teach myself that eating healthier isn't so hard and that it actually both makes me feel good on the inside and the outside! and that's all we are looking for in life, really. something that makes us feel good all over. so i definitely allow myself a "treat" every now and then, but my mind is still on the straight and narrow.

one thing though that i really need to start working on is exercising. this is absolutely the toughest thing for me because i shamefully have really never done it! i've been doing my in home regimens every other day or so (squats, jumping jacks, etc) but what i really need is to get outside. so tomorrow i have set my alarm (fingers crossed this will wake me up) and i plan to go for a walk in the morning! let's hope this gets me started on a routine of walking every morning. i hope!

here are a couple things i got from the store the other day

my favorite things out of this bunch have been my new found love of pumpkin seeds! well, i've ALWAYS loved pumpkin seeds ever since i was little and we would carve pumpkins and my dad would roast those babies and they would be so delicious - but i never thought plain pumpkin seeds would be good but i absolutely love them! they're such a great snack and i would definitely take these to a movie - they're yummy, healthy, and won't bother the person next to you! i also love those dang yummy banana chips. i just have to be careful with them because i could easily eat the whole bag!

i promise i'll start writing about things other than what i'm eating soon enough - i'm just trying to somewhat motivate myself through this outlet by letting everyone know what i'm doing (and posting pictures so i can remember what i bought so i can go buy them again - and you all should too because i promise they're scrumptious!)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment